Ep 2. - Space Exploration and Mars Colonization with Christopher Jannette
We're posting in two forms, an audio podcast and a video podcast. Please subscribe to both our YouTube channel and iTunes feed as we'll have some exclusive content that is not posted in both. We'll likely have exclusive YouTube videos coming out shortly.
- Sagan's Telos and how service in the U.S. Air Force served as a catalyst for Christopher [1:39]
- What is TRED, partnering with Mars Polar, & exploring the controversial Mars One [5:31]
- Using technology to reach a state of abundance [10:35]
- Humans are a transcendent species, so why are we stuck on Earth? [12:52]
- Space colonization is a much needed insurance policy for life [15:23]
- Changing our perspectives - what matters when we outlast countries, or even Earth? [17:00]
- Biologically imposed weaknesses need to be overcome, & bioengineering is an option [18:17]
- The anthropocene and creation of a new Cambrian explosion [20:34]
- Can life overcome the ultimate fate of the universe? [22:32]
- Elon Musk, the Hitler Problem, & overcoming the bioengineering fear factor [24:28]
- Off-world biospheres & the powerful complexity of nature [26:02]
- Collaboration, Robots Without Borders, Luna, and the amazing future of AI [29:25]
- The Age of Application, standing on the edge of the Age of Wonder [35:54]
B.J. Murphy's Serious Wonder article on Mars Polar
Virgin Galactic's SpaceShipTwo
Tim Cannon and Grindhouse Wetware
The Long Now Foundation
Science fiction author Larry Niven
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Wait But Why's interview with Elon Musk
Biosphere 2, and Paragon Space
Dennis Tito and Inspiration Mars
Robots Without Borders - Christopher would like you to support them!
Ben Goertzel and Open Cog
No Man's Sky
Please like, comment, rate, and share this podcast to spread the word. Ryan O'Shea is on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, and we'd love to hear what you thought and what you want to see going forward.
If you have any questions or are interested in supporting or advertising with Future Grind, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.