Ep. 3 - The Future of Business with B.J. Murphy
In this installment of the Future Grind podcast, host Ryan O'Shea discusses the future of business with writer B.J. Murphy, an experienced futurist working with the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies, Serious Wonder, Planetary Resources, & more.
We're posting in two forms, an audio podcast and a video podcast. Please subscribe to both our YouTube channel and iTunes feed as we'll have some exclusive content that is not posted in both. We'll likely have exclusive YouTube videos coming out shortly.
- What exactly was B.J. do, and why does futurism matter? [1:50]
- Maintaining an interest in the dystopian while promoting the utopian [2:55]
- From political activism to transhumanism & starting that conversation [4:00]
- The Future of Business and the rise of body shops [6:18]
- Aesthetic vs. Functional and the importance of access to augmentations [9:07]
- A tipping point: the "disabled" become the enhanced // is biohacking medical? [12:51]
- The future of evolution - augmentations are abundant, fast, cheap, and safe [16:49]
- Economic systems need to evolve to keep up with the times [18:37]
- How to impact the world with exponential technologies and redefining "billionaire" [20:12]
- Protecting people in the age of abundance [22:35]
- The ethics of emerging technologies and the ownership of your body [25:40]
- Designer babies, vaccines, and the meaning of "choice" [29:55]
- Speeding up scientific discoveries and technological advancement [34:30]
- What's on the bookshelf of a futurist? What to read to be prepared [35:30]
- Fostering a mindset of optimism, then working towards those goals [39:29]
The Transcendent Man and Ray Kurzweil
The Future of Business and Rohit Talwar
Tim Cannon and Grindhouse Wetware
Jason Silva and #RedefineBillionaire
Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies (IEET)
- The Right to Die, Cyborg Gender, and Future of Sex Laws by B.J. Murphy
Serious Wonder's Bookshelf of a Futurist by B.J. Murphy
Ray Kurzweil's book The Singularity is Near
Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler's book BOLD
Michio Kaku's book The Future of the Mind
Please like, comment, rate, and share this podcast to spread the word. Ryan O'Shea is on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, and we'd love to hear what you thought and what you want to see going forward.
If you have any questions or are interested in supporting or advertising with Future Grind, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.