Ep. 15 - Aaron Traywick of Ascendance Biomedical
In this installment of the Future Grind podcast, host Ryan O’Shea speaks with Ascendance Biomedical CEO Aaron Traywick. Aaron is a controversial figure that seeks to democratize access to unregulated, experimental, and some would say potentially dangerous medical treatments and enhancements. An experimental HIV treatment that his company created is currently being tested in a human, and Aaron recently made headlines when he injected himself with an experimental herpes treatment while one stage at the BDYHAX human augmentation conference in Austin. He hopes to prove these treatments safe and them make them available to others who would like to access them.
Warning: Self-administering any type of unregulated gene-therapy or other treatment is risky. Anything that Aaron mentions during this interview should be viewed as experimental research compounds not intended for human use. I encourage you to consult your doctor with any questions.
Despite the controversy surrounding Aaron and his work, I feel that this conversation is an important one to have. I was very interested in his background and the philosophy behind his work, and I think that you will be as well. For better or worse, DIY gene therapy will only continue to grow. Aaron has positioned himself near the forefront of this movement, and I think we’d all be better served if we understood more about it.
Find Aaron on Facebook here.
We're posting in two forms, an audio podcast and a video podcast. Please subscribe to our YouTube channel, DTube channel, and iTunes feed as we have some exclusive content that is not posted on both channels. You can also find us on Facebook.
- Aaron’s interest in tackling aging [2:02]
- Exploring South America & the work of Timothy Leary [4:13]
- Founding the Global Healthspan Policy Institute [6:01]
- The goal of Ascendance Biomedical [12:55]
- Aaron’s educational background [14:03]
- Thoughts on transhumanism & transhumanist politics [15:51]
- Aaron doesn’t identify as a transhumanist or biohacker [17:21]
- Problems with traditional medicine & DIY home medicine for everyone [18:25]
- Concern about human trials of experimental treatments [22:25]
- The controversial injection onstage at BDYHAX [24:44]
- Update on Tristan Roberts experimental HIV treatment [31:11]
- Expansion to Venezuela; Metrics for success [33:03]
- The FDA statement & regulation [36:14]
- The future of Ascendance Biomedical [42:13]
- Departure of talent & current team [45:08]
- Future projects & public voting platform [45:39]
- Personal steps Aaron is taking to combat aging [47:02]
- How to reach out & follow along with Aaron [49:20]
Robert Anton Wilson
Global Healthspan Policy Institute
SENS Research Foundation
Dr. Nir Barzilai, Dr. Judith Campisi, Dr. Gordon Lithgow, Dr. S. Jay Olshansky
Ford Fischer's News2Share Live Stream
Josiah Zayner, The ODIN
FDA Statement - "Information About Self-Administration of Gene Therapy"
Tim Ferriss' book Tools of Titans
Dr. James Kirkland Study
Please like, comment, rate, and share this podcast to spread the word. Ryan O'Shea is on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, and we'd love to hear what you thought and what you want to see going forward.
If you have any questions or are interested in supporting or advertising with Future Grind, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.