Ep. 16 - Ben Cooper on IoClothes & Smart Apparel
Explore the future of wearable tech, smart apparel, & internet of things technology as Ryan O'Shea sits down with Ben Cooper, the Founder & Managing Director of IoClothes! IoClothes is an industry platform focused on fusing technology and textiles, which you may be familiar with from the IoClothes Podcast. Before that, Ben was the co-founder and CEO of Sensible Baby, a startup focused on incorporating potentially life-saving sensors into infant clothing. Ben is an veteran smart-apparel entrepreneur that has also served as the Lead Footwear Project Engineer for the US Army and has led innovation research & testing for brands such as The North Face, Timberland and Vans. Learn how you can get involved, and how this tech might ultimately lead to electronics getting under the skin as well!
We're posting in two forms, an audio podcast and a video podcast. Please subscribe to our YouTube channel, DTube channel, and iTunes feed as we have some exclusive content that is not posted on both channels. You can also find us on Facebook.
- What is IoClothes? [1:51]
- The death of “wearable tech” & the birth of smart apparel [3:20]
- Where are all of the connected clothes? [6:28]
- State of the Technology Address [11:46]
- New & more natural interfaces, less screens [14:59]
- Big data, privacy, & better user experiences [16:20]
- Sensible Baby & Ben’s journey to smart apparel [19:09]
- Making smart apparel look good [24:20]
- The inevitability if implantables [27:26]
- Technological barriers to overcome [30:21]
- The Future of Connected Footwear [32:46]
- What to expect from smart apparel [35:49]
- How to follow along with Ben & IoClothes [38:39]
Please like, comment, rate, and share this podcast to spread the word. Ryan O'Shea is on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, and we'd love to hear what you thought and what you want to see going forward.
If you have any questions or are interested in supporting or advertising with Future Grind, you can reach us at email@example.com.